Portland Fit Club

Feb 1, 2010

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I found this recipe online as I was browsing for healthier versions of the foods I take to work with me.  I love my raw veggies & salad with Ranch dressing, but Ranch dressing is terrible for you.  I plan on giving this dressing a shot next week (unfortunately we did our shopping trip this morning before I found the recipe).  I will post back with an update after I make it!

This will last about three days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

Makes 1 cup. Serving size: 2 tbsp


Ingredients:

1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt or
1/3 cup plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbs finely chopped fresh chives
salt to taste

Steps:

If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with a paper towel and set the strainer over a bowl. Let the yogurt drain and thicken for 20 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the strained or Greek-style yogurt with the remaining ingredients.

Recipe Courtesy of:

http://www.healthcastle.com/healthy_salad_dressing.shtml

Shakeology Promotions