Portland Fit Club

Feb 5, 2010

Safe Harbor

I promise this post is not about tax safe harbor :)  I had a checkup with my OBGYN on Thursday, and got to see the baby & a good strong heartbeat.  So we have shared our news with our friends and family, since our risk of miscarriage has dropped significantly.  It is a relief to be able to address those looks that say "are you pregnant again, or just getting fat?"  with a reassuring "no, I AM pregnant and therefore getting fat".  I hate keeping secrets anyway, so it is nice that I no longer have to watch what I say.

I think that I may have avoided getting excited over the pregnancy due to fear of miscarriage.  Now I need to relax and get excited because the alternative (thinking about having 4 kids 5 and under in my ever shrinking home) just might cause a stress induced miscarriage!  I can't wait to add the second floor to our home.  We are hoping to do so in 3 years or so.  We definately need the space!

So 11 weeks and counting.  In 2 more weeks I will officially be out of the first trimester and will update on weight gain & add new photos.

Shakeology Promotions